Embedded Software Engineer
Have you always had your head in the stars? Intrigued by what happens beyond our stratosphere? ✨ Then your curiosity may soon be satisfied!
SPACEBEL is a Belgian Space systems and software engineering company, serving Space agencies, major aerospace companies, EU institutions and the commercial market.
SPACEBEL offers 2 main types of solutions:
- Space systems: softwares that enable to control the satellites from the ground 🛰️
- Spatial data access and applications: geospatial decision support solutions and Earth observation services for land, environment and natural resource management. 🌍
The company has grown in the space market to become a recognized provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services. Their solutions have been used in no less than 50 space missions aimed at a better understanding of the Universe and our planet Earth.
How was this important contribution made possible? Thanks to their 120 employees’ passion, commitment and talents. Every new project is a challenge that federates teams around the same objective.
For our office located in Labège (near Toulouse), we are looking for a Embedded Software Engineer.
In order to support our growth in a fast-moving sector, SPACEBEL is looking for an “Embedded Software Engineer” to join the Space Segment Team. The position to be filled is located in our offices in Labège near Toulouse, where a close-knit team meets every day in a serene climate that promotes exchanges and ensures respect for Human beings.
Attracted by our industry and passionate about IT systems, our ideal new colleague will master the entire development cycle of critical software and pay particular attention to the quality.
- Under the responsibility of the Business Unit Manager, you will be in charge to:Develop software using UML modelling and C programming languages in accordance with space software standards and internal quality procedures;
- Write the technical documentation (in English and sometimes in French);
- Pilot and monitor the progress of the project in a role of overall management (planning, budget, resources, client);
- Work in an international environment: you will sometimes be able to travel for short periods in order to meet clients, partners or subcontractors.
- You have a university degree in engineering or equivalent at Bac + 5 level (Master).
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience. Experience in the real-time embedded software sector and/or in the space sector is a real asset.
- You demonstrate a good capacity for project management: planning, distribution of tasks, monitoring, budget, supervision and coordination of the project team, internal reporting and contact with the client.
- You have an experience in the entire software development cycle from the engineering, specification and design phases to validation and qualification tests, including implementation, unit and integration tests.
- You have a solid knowledge of the C language, the principles of real-time programming and associated operating systems, such as VxWorks or RTEMS as well as the Linux environment.
- You are familiar with software engineering and you master formal software development methods, as well as languages, meta-languages, modelling tools and development environments, such as UML, XML, EMF.
- You are curious and open to learn new languages and systems. You are looking to improve yourself and contribute to the improvement of the processes for which you are responsible.
- You have a spirit of analysis and synthesis which allows you to estimate and prioritize your tasks. You are able to make a good management of time and priorities.
- You demonstrate good verbal and written expression skills allowing you to communicate effectively with all interested parties.
- You are fluent in French and English.
- Multitask and flexible, you demonstrate a real ability to work independently as in a team. You are a real "team player".
In exchange for your stellar potential, SPACEBEL offers you:
- A permanent contract in a stimulating environment, with 25 holidays and compensatory time off
- An attractive and complete salary package in line with your profile and experience: health insurance, meal vouchers, etc.
- The opportunity to get involved in exciting projects usingthe latest technology
- A collaborativecompany culture based on a flat, accessible hierarchy
- Informal get-togethers(restaurants, sports challenges, events, etc.)
- The opportunity to specialize in the space field, thanks to on-demand training
Do you want to reach into space with SPACEBEL? 🚀 Take the plunge: apply via the button below !
What are the next steps?
- Sarah, HR Manager, calls you for a first discussion
- You have an interview with the N+1
- You have a second interview with Thierry du Pré-Werson (general manager).
- It’s a fit between you and SPACEBEL? May your space adventure begin! 🪐
Call SARAH JENNÉ
at the number: 04/361.81.11