Have you always had your head in the stars? Intrigued by what happens beyond our stratosphere? ✨ Then your curiosity may soon be satisfied!
SPACEBEL is a Belgian Space systems and software engineering company, serving Space agencies, major aerospace companies, EU institutions and the commercial market.
SPACEBEL provides a solution for Space systems: softwares that enable to control the satellites from the ground 🛰️
The company has grown in the space market to become a recognized provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services. Their solutions have been used in no less than 50 space missions aimed at a better understanding of the Universe and our planet Earth.
How was this important contribution made possible? Thanks to their 120 employees’ passion, commitment and talents. Every new project is a challenge that federates teams around the same objective.
To meet the company's growing needs, we are looking for a Software Developer to join our Modeling & Simulation team in Hoeilaart (near Brussels) or in Angleur (near Liège).
As a Software Developer, you will optimise and ensure the quality of the code in accordance with the coding standards that apply in the space industry.
Here are some of the concrete tasks you will perform:
- Participate in the improvement of the simulation infrastructure
- Contribute to the design and development of space equipment models or operating tools
- Integration and configuration of satellite or launcher simulators
Once you are familiar with the technologies and the way the company works, you'll embark on the second stage of your career at SPACEBEL: becoming a Project Manager.
Your future tasks will be:
- Plan and monitor project tasks to be carried out by the team (you will start by managing 1-2 projects and progress to 3-4 projects)
- Interfacing with your customers to manage project progress and compromises
- Report project costs and planning progress to your Business Unit manager
You work in harmony with your colleagues and a daily meeting is organized to define the next steps and discuss the taken decisions. Now find out about your colleagues! 👇
You'll be joining a team of 20 people who get on very well and work in a caring environment. Unnecessary pressure? Not for us. We work efficiently but serenely.
Your N+1 est Lionel Brayeur. Lionel started as a Software Developer as well and progressed within SPACEBEL to the role of Team Leader. This career path has given him a comprehensive overview of the Simulation & Modelling department. His management style is considered as participative. You work independently and decide your own organisation. Lionel is in favor of discussing and taking decisions collectively.
As a Software Developer (and more), you have…
- Master’s degree in engineering or computer sciences
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar function
- Passionate by the space sector and a desire to participate in key projects for our planet (and its surroundings) 🧑🚀
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++, Python, in the Linux environment
- A good knowledge of written and spoken English (=must)
- Knowledge of UML and Agile methodologies
And beyond the IT aspect, you are also…:
- Autonomous in your daily work
- Team Player: you support and help your colleagues in case of uneven workload
- Assertive: you defend your point of view constructively and challenge your customer's needs
- Commercial: easy contact and building relationships with customers
- Curious: with a constant need to deepen your knowledge and keep up to date with new technologies
- Solution-oriented: you proactively propose solutions and anticipate potential problems
- Analytical, with an ability to synthesize
- Rigorous and concerned about the quality of your work
In exchange for your stellar potential, SPACEBEL offers you:
- A permanent contract in a stimulating environment, with 26 holidays
- An attractive and complete salary package in line with your profile and experience: group and hospital insurance, meal vouchers, representation costs
- The possibility to work from home 2 days/week.
- An opportunity to challenge yourself in exciting projects using the latest technology
- A collaborative company culture based on a rather flat hierarchy and with open-spaces that allow for a fluid exchange of information between the departments
- Informal moments together (restaurants, sport challenges, events, …)
- The possibility to specialize in the space field, thanks to on-demand training
- Concrete prospects for development, as your N+1 Lionel.
The recruitment process
Do you want to reach into space with SPACEBEL? 🚀 Take the plunge: apply via the button below!
What are the next steps?
- Sarah, HR Manager, calls you for a first discussion
- If this discussion is positive, you have an interview with Lionel on site
- It’s a fit between you and SPACEBEL? May your space adventure begin! 🪐
Call SARAH JENNÉ
at the number: 04/361.81.11