JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Have you always had your head in the stars? Intrigued by what happens beyond our stratosphere? ✨ Then your curiosity may soon be satisfied!
SPACEBEL is a Belgian Space systems and software engineering company, serving Space agencies, major aerospace companies, EU institutions and the commercial market.
SPACEBEL offers 2 main types of solutions:
- Space systems: software needed to develop space missions. This includes software to "pilot" the satellites during their lifetime, satellite and launcher simulation software, and softwares that enable to control the satellites from the ground🛰️
- Spatial data access and applications: geospatial decision support solutions and Earth observation services for land, environment and natural resource management. 🌍
The company has grown in the space market to become a recognized provider of innovative IT solutions and related IT services. Their solutions have been used in no less than 50 space missions aimed at a better understanding of the Universe and our planet Earth.
How was this important contribution made possible? Thanks to their 120 employees’ passion, commitment and talents. Every new project is a challenge that federates teams around the same objective.
To meet the company's growing needs, we are looking for a Junior Software Developer for our Modelling & Simulation team located in Hoeilaart (near Brussels), with the possibility of working at our Liège site as well.
As a Junior Software Developer, you will be involved in the development and validation of simulation models used to model the various satellite components. Throughout this work, you will ensure the quality of the code in compliance with the coding standards that apply in the space industry. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different departments, giving you a good overview of the development of space software systems.
Here are some of the concrete tasks you perform:
- Participate in the improvement of a simulation infrastructure
- Contribute to the design and development of space equipment simulation models
- Participate in the development of processor emulation technology used in our simulators
- Participate in the development of test benches including satellite or launcher components
- Integration and configuration of satellite or launcher simulators
Are you a junior? Don't worry! You'll be trained in SPACEBEL technologies as soon as you arrive.
The Modelling & Simulation department is currently involved in several projects: planetary defense with Hera, comet studies with Comet Interceptor and dark matter and dark energy observations with Euclid, ...
You work in harmony with your colleagues, thanks to a meeting organized every morning. During this weekly meeting, you define the next steps together and discuss the decisions taken. Meet your colleagues now! 👇
As a Junior Software Developer, you have...
- Master's degree in engineering or computer science
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar environment (=must)
- Passionate by the space sector and the desire to participate in key projects for our planet (and its surroundings) 🧑🚀
- Excellent knowledge of C, C++ and Python, in the Linux environment (=must)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English (=must)
- Knowledge of ULM and Agile (=must) methodologies
And beyond the IT aspect, you are also...
- Autonomous in your daily work
- Team Player: you help your colleagues out when the workload is uneven.
- Curious, with a constant desire to deepen your knowledge and keep up to date with new technologies
- Solution-oriented: you proactively propose solutions and anticipate potential problems
- Analytical, with an ability to synthesize
- Rigorous and concerned about the quality of your work
In exchange for your stellar potential, SPACEBEL offers you:
- A permanent contract in a stimulating environment, with 26 holidays
- An attractive and complete salary package in line with your profile and experience: group and hospital insurance, meal vouchers, representation costs
- The possibility of working from home 2 days/week
- An opportunity to get involved in exciting projects using the latest technology
- A collaborative company culture based on a rather flat hierarchy and with open-spaces that allow for fluid exchange of information between departments
- Informal moments togethers (restaurants, sports challenges, events, etc.)
- The opportunity to specialize in the space field, thanks to on-demand training
- Concrete prospects for development.
The recruitment process
Do you want to reach into space with SPACEBEL? 🚀 Take the plunge: apply via the button below !
What are the next steps?
- Sarah, HR Manager , calls you for a first discussion
- If this discussion is positive, you will have a meeting with Lionel on site.
- It’s a fit between you and SPACEBEL? May your space adventure begin! 🪐
Call SARAH JENNÉ
at the number: 04/361.81.11